Whenever I make this cheesy dip people lap it up almost immediately. So I try to keep a second helping on the side so that there is more to go around. My mother makes this dip all of the time and chuckles at the ease of preparation. I must say that most of the dishes mom makes are not only absolutely delicious, but also rooted in simple preparation. Usually this dip is served with toasted baguette slices, but cracker or tortilla chips will do too.
Here is what you will need...
- 1 lb. of jumbo lump crabmeat (West coasters can find this at Costco or use Dungeness)
- 1 cup of canned artichoke hearts or bottoms chopped
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsps of mayonaise
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional if you like a little heat)
Preheat oven to 400. Mix well and place into a shallow baking dish that you can also use for serving. Bake in overn for about 15-20 minutes or until the top s golden and bubbly.
Serve with toasted baguette slices, crackers or tortilla chips.