My very clsoe friend Nick makes a delicious slaw. This isn't the slaw that many of us are used to. The flavors in this dish are very fresh and reminiscent of light Asian flavors. He made this as an accompaniment to the pork shoulder we prepared and everyone absolutely loved Nick's take on a traditional slawl.
Here is how you prepare this dish...
What you will need:
- 6 green onions chopped fine
- 2 yellow peppers, halved and chopped into spears
- 1 handful of fresh mint chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium sized red cabbage chopped
- 2 fuji apples halved and sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar rice vinegar
- the juice of 3 lemons
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve as a side dish.