Olive tapenade is one of the simplest dishes to prepare, people love its flavor and always gobble it up. One of the best things about this simply delicious appetizer is that it keeps for days. It also freezes beautifully so you can pull it out at the last minute, defrost, toast up some baguette and be ready for company in minutes.
This is very easy to make.
- 1 baguette, sliced thin and toasted. I do this first and make the tapenade while the bread is toasting. SET THE TIMER or your mind will wander and you'll end up with burnt toasts.
- 3 cups of pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A few fresh rosemary sprigs (about 1 tsp)
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and chop until diced (not smooth). Remove and serve with toasts.